Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
- Chronic Disease Clinics - doctors and nurses in the practice work together closely to provide integrated care for a number of chronic diseases, including diabetes, heart disease, chronic lung disease, raised blood pressure, mental health problems, and epilepsy. This includes regular review appointments where needed, and medication review.
- COPD clinic with spirometry - You can attend this service without a referral to see the nurse.
- Ante Natal Clinic - by appointment on a Tuesday afternoon. The clinic is run by Dr Marshall or you can self referral to Antenatal clinic at the Whittington or UCH hospital. (Please see Further information for self referral or visit the hospital website)
- Child Health Clinic - by appointment on a Tuesday afternoon. Childhood immunisations and developmental assessments are carried out by our doctors and health visitors.
- Well Baby Clinic - a clinic run by our health visitors is held on Monday afternoons from 14:00 - 16:00. Please call to make an appointment. The direct line for the health visitors is 020 7354 0597 and messages can be left at any time.
- Cryo service- the surgery is equipped to enable your doctor to deal with warts, verrucas and skin tags. This service requires a referral by your GP.
- Family Planning - a full range of contraceptive services including emergency contraception and advice are offered by our doctors and our family planning trained nurses. Under 20's can also obtain emergency contraception from participating pharmacies free of charge. Over 20's can obtain emergency contraception from pharmacies for a fee of £25.
- Cervical Smears - we invite all women to make an appointment for a cervical smear with the practice nurse. Please tell your doctor or nurse if you have not had this test. When booking for smears it is important that the test is taken after Day 10 of the cycle i.e. from the first day of a period.Day 10 to 14 is ideal; Day 10 to 20 is acceptable.
- Travel Vaccinations - we offer a comprehensive travel advice and vaccination service, including to patients not registered with our surgery. We are a designated Yellow Fever Centre.
- Alcohol problems - patients registered with the surgery may make appointments to see Dawn Burton, the alcohol nurse in primary Care.
- Counselling - provided in house and available on NHS - This service requires a referral by your GP
- Inhealth Audiology - This service requires a referral by your GP
- ENT (Ears, Nose and Throat) - This service requires a referral by your GP but this service runs by City Road Medical Centre.
- Blood Tests - There is a phlebotomy service available at the practice on the following days:
Monday 08.30-16.30 (lunch break 13.00-14.00)
Friday 08.30-16.30 (lunch break 13.00-14.00)
This is a walk-in service so please just turn up between the stated times above. When you arrive please take a ticket from the ticket machine and wait for your number to be called. If you have been asked to ‘fast’ please do not eat or drink (except water) in the 10 hours before the test. You can only have a blood test if you have a blood form from your GP.
(We CANNOT take bloods under 16 years old children on Wednesdays and Thursdays BUT WE CAN take on Mondays and Fridays)
Sexual Health Clinics - We offer contraception as well as sexual health advice including Chlamydia screening. Please ask to see one of our nurses
- Smoking Cessation - please enquire at reception for details
- Minor Ailments Scheme - please enquire at reception for details for minor ailments or see next page after Private Clinic for details.
- Womens Health - This is a double appointment for Womens Health ONLY which is once every 2 weeks at the Practice (Tuesdays) with Dr Amy Banks MB BS MRCGP but check with reception if appointments are available as day might vary. See below list:
Coil removals, Coil checks, Coil insertion (Please ensure that swabs have been done before), Contraceptive counselling and advice, Cervical Smear, HRT, Implant insertion and Implant removal